Friday Favorites

Friday, January 16, 2015




Excited to link up for my very first Friday Favorites! Andrea over at Momfessionals has a great blog that always puts a smile on my face.  Ok, on to my random list:


ONE

Rimmel Natural Bronzer Sun Glow (025)
sorry for the poor quality photo and the ugly sink (hello master bath reno)
Yes, pale ghosts like myself can actually wear this bronzer. It doesn't look like bronzer on me really just gives me some color so I no longer look so much like a corpse. I wear this in the summer without any foundation and the rest of the year I can put it on on top of my foundation. I looked for it at Wal-Mart and Target but they didn't have it in Sun Glow so I ordered it from Amazon. Expensive bronzers may be better, but this does the trick for me!




TWO

Ottavio Avocado Oil

I needed to branch out from coconut oil and when I saw this at Costco a few months ago, I decided to try it. Great product! I typically use this to fry eggs and chicken and it adds a great taste. It's between $8 and $9 and would last longer if I wouldn't pour it into a pan to fry chicken with. Which leads me to my next favorite product....




THREE

Cashew Meal

If you're grain-free, like I am, you will want to buy this. I keep mine in the freezer and when the urge hits for "fried" chicken there you go. I make an egg wash for the chicken and then dredge them in the cashew meal seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder (or just use garlic salt). Really, any seasonings you prefer. Fry them in the pan with the avocado oil and I can guarantee you won't be disappointed! There are tons of other recipes out there using cashew meal.



FOUR

Old Navy Rockstar Mid-Rise Jeans

 I bought a black pair of these few months ago and they've become some of my favorite jeans. The  black pair I have is a cross between jeans and leggings but it works. I just ordered this gray pair and I think I'm going to like them as much as my black pair. It's so hard for me to find pants that fit being short (5'3"). I've tried on many "skinny" jeans that do not look good but for some reason these are flattering. 


FIVE


My church. I attend one of the campuses of the Summit Church in the RDU area. Even if you aren't local, you should check out the website. Sermons are online and you can listen to any that you'd like.
Currently, the sermon series is Titus. Our pastor does a phenomenal job of being engaging while preaching the Gospel.




Well, that wraps up my favorites for the week. Hope you all enjoy the long weekend and try to stay warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs