Life Lately

Monday, March 16, 2015

Not a lot going on here lately that's truly blog-worthy.  We stalled on the bathroom last week as our contractors were waiting on other things to be completed (granite, shower door, electrician). Finally today our electricians were here most of the day to put in new outlets (there was a pipe in the wall right where we wanted to put an outlet) so they had to come up with something else.  It's been a bit stressful and the 4 of us are still sharing one bathroom which is not ideal to say the least. All of this makes me wonder how those of you who've lived through a really big renovation or even had a house built did it.

No bathroom pictures to share, but here a few random ones:

My partner in crime as I run errands on the days she doesn't have school. I've been overindulging in my coffee lately and I had to bribe Lily with a cakepop. We had to psyche ourselves up to go to Wal-Mart so it was totally warranted!!


Currently the only vegetable I can get Lily to eat--Katie is better, but I always keep broccoli on hand for dinner for Lily. These plates help put them in a "good" dinner mood. Oh the games we have to play.


So when you are eating paleo and also trying to limit your sugar (why, oh why must I be prone to diabetes??) you tend to get creative with your food and especially your treats. I know this may sound weird, but it has become my new snack/dessert....sweet potatoes mixed with almond butter and cinnamon. I bake tons of sweet potatoes each week and then keep them in the fridge for when I want my "dessert". I mix some almond butter and cinnamon and warm it all up. Sounds weird, but it's really good. I've even gotten Lily hooked on it.


That's pretty much all I've got...ha ha. Just thankful that spring is just about here and our days are longer now! Bring on the warmer temps and sunny days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs