Easy Paleo Pumpkin Bread

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I've had this recipe for awhile and have adapted it several different ways and each time I make it it's great. I try so hard not to eat many sweets due to my history of gestational diabetes and my blood sugar issues but sometimes I just want something yummy! The girls love this recipe as well and I can give them this without feeling badly about any of the ingredients. The recipe was originally for making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and I still do that when the mood strikes but when I don't feel like cookies I make this bread. One of the main ingredients is almond butter, my new BFF. I use it daily when I eat my beloved sweet potatoes, but that's another post.




The ingredient list below has been doubled to make the bread (half it if you just want some cookies).

Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey ( I used coconut sugar in the above rendition) all work well
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda (which I forgot above, but still turned out well)
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix-ins of your choice: I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Baking Chips but you can use whatever you want and I never measure.
Little bit of coconut flour IF you want a firmer dough. I found that when making cookies especially, I needed to add about 1 tsp or so of coconut flour to firm them up or they were super runny. I added some to the bread above but may not have needed to


Directions:
Pre-heat to 350
Mix the eggs then combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Drop by the tablespoon on a greased cookie sheet for cookies or into a pan (as above) for bread.

For cookies, bake about 12-15 minutes. For the bread, I baked about 30 minutes, but the middle was still not done so I baked it for about 10 more minutes.

See, so easy!!




I went a little crazy and topped mine with a bit of Kerrygold butter...so good if you can tolerate a small amount of dairy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs